Life and "Travels With My Aunt"

My life right now is still split between home and the hospital. Mum is stable at this point, with an infusion of iron giving her some energy and an appetite. It's still a battle to find a balance between heart function and kidney function. They lowered her lasix dosage when her kidney function declined, then the fluid built up again and now they've had to increase the lasix. There's no knowing how long her organs can go on like this. I found out today they are moving her again to another floor. It seems she's in one place till the bed is needed, then she's moved somewhere else until that bed is needed, then she's moved again. She's been getting excellent care where she's been in Geriatrics so I'm disappointed that she's going somewhere else.

I finished reading "Travels With My Aunt" by Graham Greene and was delighted with it. It was an easy read for a stressful time, but more than that it was thoroughly enjoyable. I liked the story, the characters and the language.Since then I've been able to get back into the Einstein biography in a limited way. I read about 20 pages a days so it doesn't get too overwhelming, though it's less daunting now that I'm in the latter part of his life where there is more emphasis on his personal life than on the science.

I've begun reading "Bellman and Black" by Diane Setterfield for book club next week. I probably won't be able to go but I like to keep up on the reading if I can. So far I like the book, but I'm a little leery because it's been called a ghost story and I really don't like ghost stories. I did enjoy her first book "The Thirteenth Tale", and am hoping this will be as light on the ghost aspect as that was.

I'll leave you with this quotation that came in my email today. I thought you might like it:

"Laughter is wine for the soul - laughter soft, or loud and deep, tinged through with seriousness - the hilarious declaration made by man that life is worth living."
 
Seán O'Casey (Irish playwright)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com