"Literary Lapses"

Literary Lapses by Stephen Leacock

I find Leacock very entertaining usually but I couldn't seem to get into these stories right now, so I'm going to set it aside and read it again later. I guess I have to be in the right head place to fully appreciate the irony - and he is a master of irony. 

Some of the stories/essays in this collection:
 -  Boarding House Geometry
 - How to Make a Million Dollars
 - Men Who Have Shaved My Head
 - Hoodoo McFiggan's Christmas
 - On Collecting Things
 - An Experiment with Policeman Hogan
 - Winter Pastimes 

If you've never read Leacock you are missing out on some serious entertainment. His writing is smart, imaginative, funny, and altogether quite enjoyable, so in spite of the fact that I was too distracted to appreciate this book right now, I do recommend it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com