Pity Party

Hello all and welcome to my little pity party (which I realize I am far too old to be indulging in)! It's late Friday night and I completely missed the blog hop this week. I finished reading "Major Pettigrew's Last Stand" several days ago and I should have written a post about it by now but I have not. It's been an interesting week here with a lot going on. My daughter and her family are moving to another province tomorrow and I think my lack of ambition can be blamed on the funk that has put me into. I'm sure I'll adjust, but right now it feels awful. I've been trying to read "Cold Comfort Farm" but I keep having to reread pages because I have no idea what they said. I know it's pathetic but I can't seem to talk myself into a better frame of mind. They will only be an hour and half drive away, but they've lived just up the road for 8 years and I can't quite imagine life without seeing them everyday. My granddaughters are 14 and 9 and are wonderful girls whom I dearly love. I know I'll still be able to talk to them online and on the phone and we can use a webcam, but it won't be the same. I won't be able to touch them. I guess I'm afraid that we'll lose some of the wonderful closeness we share. This must  sound very silly to those of you who have family spread far and wide. I'm sure in a year or so I'll wonder why I made such a fuss, but this is now and I don't like it one bit. Once they've moved I'll be grateful for the piles and piles of books I have to read, and I'll get back to blogging. But for the next few days I think I'll just do what I can to help them and try to cheer the girls up when they are feeling sad about the move.
Thanks for listening,
Dianne   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com